high-pitched noise coming from bathroom wall

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing high-pitched noise coming from bathroom wall

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I just moved into an older rental home and during the middle of the night, a high-pitched noise started and increasingly became louder. It was not constant, but would stop for a few seconds before starting up again. This morning, I tried to find the source of the sound and it was loudest in the wall where the shower head is mounted, which is also the wall behind the toilet, and I did not thoroughly check to see if it was coming from near the toilet instead. After I flushed the toilet, the noise stopped completely – at least for the rest of the morning.

Suggestions on things I should check for would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Participant

It could be the ball valve or loose pipework.

Canterbury Plumbers

Participant

When you turned off the valve to the toilet, then make sure it’s open back up all the way, if it’s just closed just a little bit it will cause this problem.

Also take the lid off the toilet tank and make sure the toilet fill valve is not just running and running, if it is then the fill valve is bad and will need to be replaced.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This