What make of toilet is this?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing What make of toilet is this?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hello to all master plumbers. I’m having a problem with this toilet leaking and I can’t find parts at the local box store. Can you help me out? I need to replace the flush valve and the fill valve.[/IMG]

Participant

It’s either a Briggs or a Case ballcock. Both are getting hard to find but I think someone is making aftermarket replacements. Find out which it is and check Fluidmaster for a possible replacement.

Participant

jeez! I am glad they don’t make them like that round here! That belongs in a museum.

Participant

Call your local plumber and discuss with him regarding this problem.

Participant

Thank you for your reply. I have discovered the parts I needed, fill valve kit is still available… for the cost of a new toilet. It has been replaced with a new one. One down three to go.

Participant
                  PattyD wrote:
                  It’s either a Briggs or a Case ballcock. Both are gettinhttp://www.masterplumbers.com/forums/forum_images/post_button_bold.gifg hard to find but I think someone is making aftermarket replacements. Find out which it is and check Fluidmaster for a possible replacement.

Agree with the Fluidmaster replacement float valves (and you might as well replace the flush ball with a new flapper valve at the same time). It’s an easy DIY fix.   

Participant

I disagree with Nick. Call a professional plumber for this task.moopy2013-11-11 04:19:50

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This