Install an Air Admittance Valve on drain lines?

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Install an Air Admittance Valve on drain lines?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jenny Clift 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

I am attaching a crude drawing. I have a first floor laundry room area with toilet, shower that was an addition to the house (before I moved in).

When we flush the toilet, we sometimes get a gurgle in the washer drain. Also when the washer drains we sometimes get odors.

I think it’s a ventilation problem. The original main line (going to kitchen and upstairs bathroom) has a main vent stack on the roof.

I am wondering if I could put an Air Admittance Valve on the Laundry room drain lines (http://www.oatey.com/products/air-admittance-valves/aavs/sure-vent-air-admittance-valve-20-dfu-capacity), if so then what size and where is the best place?

I can get under the floor and access most of the pipes. I can get to the toilet drain and to the drain line connecting the sink and washer.
    The toilet drain is 3”, and the washer, sink, shower is 1/12”.
    Thank you
    -C

Crude Drawing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This