broken kitchen faucet

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing broken kitchen faucet

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

This is a picture of the faucet. When turned on, there is water spraying out of the bottom (from the break in the grey plastic ring).

My question is: Will replacing the plastic ring be enough? Or does the leak show that something is rusted inside and the whole faucet needs to be replaced?

Thanks for the advice!

Participant

I’m not a master plumber but from what I’ve seen is most kitchen faucets of this style have o rings on the stem that can be damaged if the arm gets loose. That plastic ring is a wear surface to allow the arm to move freely. Repair the faucet with a kit if you like a challenge.

Or better, replace with a more modern one. The hardest part of that job is getting the old one out. This requires specialized tools in many cases.

Installing a faucet is a relatively easy if you don’t have shut off valve or supply line issues. That is best left to the pro. Many modern faucets come with supply lines and use a common size 3/8″ to attach to the valve. They are making them easier to install all the time….

Hope this helps… cheers.

Participant

It depends upon the leakage. If there is a large leakage problem then I don’t think so that replacing the plastic pipe will be enough. Same problem occurred in my home few day before and I decided to replace it with new plumbing supplies. I bought it form South Coast Sales. Now it is in better condition.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This