How bad is this expansion tank location?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing How bad is this expansion tank location?

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photopaulplumb.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I just recently noticed that the expansion tank in my house is installed like so

main water shutoff valve – > Pressure Relief Valve -> expansion tank -> cold water shutoff valve to water heater -> water heater

but from everything I’ve read it should be

main water shutoff valve – > Pressure Relief Valve -> cold water shutoff valve to water heater -> expansion tank -> water heater

Just how bad is it that it’s not installed the latter? Is this something I should immediately fix?

Thanks everyone!

Participant

Visit this site: http://americanairconditioning.com/, and call in a professional water heater repairing expert to get your expansion tank fixed properly. briancooper2013-03-29 19:23:40

Participant

Only a professional and well experienced plumber can let you know the problem. Hence, it would be best to consider taking help of a plumber.

Participant

Have you installed it yourself?? If not why don’t you ask your plumber about it. He must be knowing about it otherwise he would have not installed it like that.

Participant

Hi John, thanks for you post. In situations like this you should refer to the manufacturers instructions. They will indicate the correct method of installation. You could try downloading the manual from google.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This