Replacing old Water Taps in Kitchen

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Replacing old Water Taps in Kitchen

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi All,

I have just removed the old wall mount taps from my kitchen, and tried to install the new 1/4 turn taps. But when I turn my water back on the taps will not turn off. both hot and cold water continuously runs. Is there something I need to do to convert from the standard washer tap to the 1/4 turn tap system?

I can only assume that the bottom of the tap is not seating itself down into the socket far enough, are the 1/4 turn taps adjustable in length?

Thanks for your help, I have uploaded a couple of pictures.

Image 1

Image 2

Participant

I would try another forum – pretty sure this one is dead.

Participant

Replacing old water taps in kitchen is not that easy as it seems. Hence, I would recommend that if you have never done it before consider hiring professionals plumbers to get it done.

Participant

I would not rule out the possibility of the taps being faulty. Just because they are new doesn’t mean that they are now defective. I bought some 15mm 1/2″ swivel straights the other day that would not connect to the toilet inlet valve. Turned out the swivels straights weren’t pressed out correctly!paulplumb2013-02-15 10:08:57

Participant

A definitely beneficial submit by you my buddy. We have bookmarked this web page and can appear again following severa Taps Sale

Participant

Dripping or leaking is one of the most common issues that people have with their faucets especially in the kitchen. Leaking faucet can cost you a huge amount of money in the form of wasted water. Many leaking taps are easy enough to fix with a wrench. What you need to do is simply tighten the nozzle located at the end of the faucet. Maybe it can help you.

Participant

It is not that easy as it seems. Contact your local plumber to get it done and save your time.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This