Hot water/Overflow

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Hot water/Overflow

• This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photopaulplumb.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Thanks in advance to to everyone for their advice/help, here’s the situation now:
        I still have the overflowing water from the cold water supply tank, and I’ve had a new float valve fitted, but the tank is continuing to fill and overflow(but not from the valve inlet)…….the water in the tank is almost tepid at times. What has become noticeable is that the overflow will still run , even if it’s only a trickle, hours after both the C/H and Hot Water is switched off at the boiler(cylinder thermostat checked and not faulty)……plus the hot water takes forever to get warm at the bathroom tap, much longer than previously…..there’s also the problem of a reducing supply of hot water, it eventually runs to a trickle and I have to attach the washing machine hose to the hot tap to get a decent flow again (but that doesn’t last for long after running the hot water)…….had plumber/C/H engineer in and they are puzzled so you can imagine how worried I am becoming at this unsolveable? problem…….C’mon guys please please HELP!!!!!

p.s The central heating appears to be working fine with no problem getting radiators warmed up.

Participant

Home inspectors reckon that badly installed or faulty hot water geysers are easily the most common problem they encounter when doing home inspections.Buy fluoxetine
          mattdriscoll2012-12-30 17:37:11

Participant

The hot water heater overflow is also called the pressure relief valve. If water is dripping excessively from the hot water system overflow, then this is the right time to call in professionals to get your water heater repaired. briancooper2013-03-29 19:24:04

Participant
              briancooper wrote:
              The hot water heater overflow is also called the pressure relief valve. If water is dripping excessively from the hot water system overflow, then this is the right time to call in professionals to get your water heater repaired.

One of my friend is also facing the same problems with heir water heater overflow. I am sure that the above mentioned tips can be of great help to my friend to sort out their problems.

Participant

Yes you might call some professionals for such, that will be the best solution for the problem.

______________________________________________________________________________
                emergency plumbing servicesjoshreynolds14492013-04-04 22:03:41

Participant

It sounds like you from what you have described I would hazard to guess that the coil inside the hot water cylinder has failed. This would necessitate a new cylinder. Is the central heating tank higher than the cold water storage tank? Isolate the feed to the cold water storage tank. If the water level in the cold water storage tank is still rising see if the central heating feed and expansion tank is filling. If so isolate the supply to the feed and expansion tank. If the water level in the cold water storage tank then stops rising it is a pretty safe bet that the coil has gone.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This