Loud supply pipes when toilet is filling

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Loud supply pipes when toilet is filling

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I recently did some plumbing work and drained my water lines to complete the job. When I turned the water back on, I noticed the sound of the water running through the cold water pipes when I flush the main floor toilet is extra loud. Cold water use at any other fixture in the house does not create this loud, rushing water sound from the pipes. I replaced the tank fixtures and added an arrestor to the cold water supply thinking this would help. It didn’t. No knocking like water hammer; just loud rushing water though the pipes when the toilet tank is filling.

Any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks!

Participant

As per my knowledge, faulty toilet fill valve will cause resonance sounds like a foghorn. Hence, I would recommend to try closing the supply valves to all the toilets. If the noise disappears, open them one-by-one till the noise starts again.

Participant

As Robert says. May be your water pressure is too high and that particular toilet does not have a flow restrictor in it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This