Leak on my side of meter

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Leak on my side of meter

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

So, I get my water bill in and noticed it’s about three times what it averages. At first, I thought that someone may have been using my spigots to get water, but the gallon count is ridiculously high, and someone would have been taking about 8,000 gallons of water. I go to the meter to see if there is something wrong with it. I pop the cover off the box and see the meter underwater and the water line is 2 inches from the top of the box. I can also see some sediment being moved around by water flow. Not good, especially because it’s under my driveway. I shut off the supply valve and use my shop vac to pull the water out of the box. I finally get it low enough and dig enough dirt and sound out to get to where the leak is coming from. I open the supply valve just a touch and sure enough, I verify the leak.

Any of you guys know if this the proper way to hook up the main line to the house? Looks kind of hackish to me. I’m sure I can fix this myself, but it’s just in such a tight spot that it’s going to be a p.i.t.a. I want to give myself the chance to fix it. What are my options to fix this? Is this up to code in Virginia? I’ve had the house for 18 months and this is the first problem I’ve had.

Green arrow shows where the leak is coming from. 8000+ gallons flowed through there. I’m worried about my driveway caving in…

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This