brass nipples on water tank

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing brass nipples on water tank

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoscotbyallen28.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

In an older post by nick the plumber, he stated that you can use red brass nipples in place of dielectric unions on a water tank that are at least 6″ long.I was wondering if he meant to unscrew the galvanized nipples and screw the brass ones in their place,or did he mean to screw a galv.female coupling to the galv. nipples on the tank and then screw the brass nipples to the top side of the female coupling.Also if anyone knows why they have to be at least 6″ long please let me know.
        Joe

Participant

As per my knowledge, brass nipples are commonly used in plumbing applications because they are best suited to hot-water distribution lines. However, if you have steel plumbing, you should not install a brass pipe nipple.

Participant
            robertshawn wrote:
            As per my knowledge, brass nipples are commonly used in plumbing applications because they are best suited to hot-water distribution lines. However, if you have steel plumbing, you should not install a brass pipe nipple.

Correct brass nipples are well suited for the plumbing services. Nowadays many plumbers are making there use.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This