Need Help on Plumbing a Sanitary Tee into a Septic

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Need Help on Plumbing a Sanitary Tee into a Septic

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

After a lot of frustrating trouble-shooting, we finally discovered that we had a major toilet paper clog in the first chamber of our 1000 gallon concrete septic tank. We had the tank pumped out yesterday morning and after talking with the pump-out guy and then calling the septic tank manufacturer, they both recommended that I install a sanitary tee on the otherwise straight input pipe that enters our septic tank. And here is a pic of the current input line:

I now have the 4″ sanitary tee, but I have a question before I proceed. I know that I will be gluing on a straight extension pipe to the bottom port to extend down into the middle water layer in the tank, but what do I do with the unused upper port of the tee? Should I cap that off, or should I leave it open? Also, if I cap it off, does the fact that the end of the input line will now be below the surface of the tank contents cause any undue back pressure as sewage & waste water leaves our house and dumps into the tank (as compared to the straight pipe that is currently above the tank level now)?

I would sure appreciate any help or advice on this.

Thanks,
        Don

Participant

Hey Don

Please repair the pipes once again. They look so dirty and old. They need to be maintain once again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This