shower faucet problem

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives shower faucet problem

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

My shower has separate handles for hot and cold. The hot was dripping at the handle. I replaced the washer and the central “valve” (I guess that is what the plastic relacement part is called). I removed the old one (two pieces) and took it to the plumbing supply store and they had a stock replacement part. I installed the new part. That stopped the leak–BUT the “off” position on the stem no longer aligns with the water being off. (This is more than a problem of the lever not being lined up–I know how to do that, it’s easy. But there is a “stop” place in the stem rotation–you can turn it just so far before it stops–and it is that stop point that no longer aligns with the water being off. The water turn off about half way through the rotation, then turns back on on either side of that point. I can’t figure out how to reset the alignment between the innermost parts of the value and the new plastic “stem” I just installed. The piece I installed comes in two pieces, but they only fit together in one way–no options. I can then insert that double piece only one of two ways–I’ve tried it both ways. When the little hole at the back of the piece is down, the water won’t shut off at all. When the little hole is up, I can shut off the water, but not at the “stop” point of the stem rotation. It seems like I need to make some adjustment, but I can’t figure out what other options I have. Help!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This