hot water heater starts hot then gets cold

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing hot water heater starts hot then gets cold

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a Rheem double element 50 gallon hot water heater with therm-o-disc thermostats. IT has worked fine in the past. All of a sudden I am running out of hot water before I finsih my shower. Whats wrong?

Participant

Had the same problem myself about a week and half ago. Lower element was burnt out in tank. Should have it looked at soon.

Participant

Replace BOTH elements as they BOTH were installed at the same time. NOTHING irks me more than a half assed mechanic going into a home to replace a washer ONLY on one side of the faucet.

Labor is expensive material is cheap. While the Licensed plumber is replacing your elements you will notice some sediment build up on them THIS KIND SIR IS acting like insulation robbing you of money spent for heating. Don’t be foolish have both replaced.

Wouldn’t you feel kind of foolish replacing one now and THEN in 4-6 weeks having to replace the oth

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This