Copper Pipe & Home Pest Control Reaction–?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Copper Pipe & Home Pest Control Reaction–?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I’ve had 3 pinhole leaks develop in copper pipe (type M) near the edges of the basement. I’ve routinely sprayed the high edges of the basement (where the floor joists meet the cement) with Ortho’s Home Pest control and there’s always a little “splatter” with some falling on the copper plumbing near the edges. I replaced the type M with L.

Hot Water Heater was replaced 3 yrs ago and replaced correctly (according to the inspector) and the electrical ground was in good shape.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any similar incidents (if the plumbers on this board when repairing pinholes had asked the homeowners if anything such as these spray pest control products had been sprayed near the copper or if anyone knows if any of these home pest control type sprays have been tested for a reaction on copper? thx

Participant

“I’ve had 3 pinhole leaks develop in copper pipe (type M) near the edges of the basement.”

Did the pinholes develope from the outside in or the inside out? That would be the starting point.

kenny b

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This