Hot Water Too hot!

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Hot Water Too hot!

  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 24 years ago by Avatar photohj.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #273016
      Avatar photoMasterPlumbers

        I have Oil heat, summer/winter hook-up with not hot water heater. The temp of the boiler is about 180. This is too hot for household usage. I was told that I could get some type of a mixer valve to make the household hot water more managable.
        What is this called and where can I get one.

        Thank you in advance,


      • #286728
        Avatar photohj

          It is called a tempering valve. Watts makes a low priced one that is somewhat accurate, but the ones by Powers and Symmons have a more accurate thermo motor, but then they are quite a bit more expensive. It depends on how important a precise temperature is to your application.

      Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

      Pin It on Pinterest

      Share This