Help! Mystery Drain… clueless girl

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Help! Mystery Drain… clueless girl

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I need help identifying a mystery drain in our backyard that isn’t on any site plans and no-one (council/water company) seems to have any record or knowledge of.

We have an easment along the very back of the property which has a square shaped sewer pit thingy at one end. I know what that is and it’s on all of the site water/sewerage plans.

But almost smack-bang in the middle of the back yard there is a small man hole type thingy which has a round concrete lid covering a vertical plastic pipe. It’s not very big; the concrete lid is only around 1 foot in diameter and the pipe it’s covering it abut 6 inches. There are some numbers engraved on the concrete lid which say “100” and “15” (or could be “1S” or “IS” or “I5”). Not sure if they mean anything.

I have contacted the council, the water company, a sewer company… no-one has any record of such a thing in our yard. We live in a new housing estate which was paddocks before being subdivided, so it’s not anything left over from a demolished building. None of the other houses have anything like it either. I asked the sales rep of our building company if he knew what it was and he said it connects to toilets, etc down the side of our house and probably continues onto the drains in the street. It might even connect to the easement at the back. I’m not sure if he’s right but it’s the only answer we’ve gotten so far.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be and why it rears it’s ugly head in the middle of our yard?!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This