Good news?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Good news?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I was surfing around online last night and found this article. It’s good to read something positive these days. I don’t know about anyone else, but my business has just about dried up in the last two years.

The article is on this blog, but here is a copy of the info. Hope it makes your day a little better.

http://employeeleasingquotes.com/employee-leasing-info/

I was recently visiting with a plumber from San Antonio, Texas. While the conversation was directed around how employee leasing services could help his small Texas plumbing company, he gave me some interesting information about the future of the plumbing industry.

I proceeded to look online for even more specific plumbing statistics than my Texas friend had given me. The Bureau of Labor Statistics provided some interesting information.

1. The plumbing industry will experience a significant workforce reduction (almost 200,000) over the next 10 years due to retirement. In addition, a shortfall of 3,000-4,000 plumbing contracting firms annually is expected.

2. Hispanics are under-represented among plumbing contractors. Hispanic representation in the construction trades more than doubled between 1993 and 2003, to about 15 percent of the workforce, but they are less represented in the skilled trades.

3. The current pace of innovation in regards to materials in the plumbing industry is unparalleled; more new materials have been created in the last 20 years than in the prior history of the plumbing industry.

The scope of the industry will broaden over the next decade as plumbers are called upon to play an increasingly important role in water conservation and green building design.

Over the next ten years, the employment outlook is considered to be excellent. The lack of trained and qualified servicemen and the expected increased retirement rate in these trades over the next decade highlight the opportunities within the industry for potential jobs.

Plumbers along with other trades professionals look to us for cutting costs on workers’ compensation and eliminating employee related paperwork. You started a business to do what you do best. Let us handle the rest. We can help you see the savings. Best of all – it’s free!

Call us 1-888-582-8388 or on the web at:

http://www.EmployeeLeasingQuotes.com

Participant

Nothing like we don’t already know but hey it’s good to see someone trying to wave their own flag once in a while.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This