Water Heater

Home Forums Members Only Trade Professionals Water Heater

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #279754

      I have a water heater which has a PVC dr. valve and the heater is limed up a little and I want to take out valve and put on a 3/4″ gate valve, will these PVC valves come out with out any trouble.

      Art retired plbg

    • #301613

      The valve should come out OK, you may have to use Vice Grips or pliers on the body. You will need to install a 3/4 inch nipple before your valve. I would use a ball valve rather than a gate valve as it would make it easier to flush the water heater.

    • #301614

      The WH wont drain now do you think I can change valve without water comming out, I will turn water off and drin HW in sink.

      Art retired plbg

    • #301615

      Maybe you can change out the valve without much water comming out if it is pluged enough in the bottom of the heater.

      Once you replace the plastic valve with a Ball Valve and short nipple you will want to take along screwdriver with the ball valve open and poke around inside until the water flushes out the deposits in the bottom of the tank.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This