Home Forums Members Only Trade Professionals BACKFLOW

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  PLUMBILL 13 years, 10 months ago.

  • Author
  • #279743

    Please give your thaughts on the following scenario.

    1. Residential unit development.
    2. Subsoil or sub Mulch micro spray irrigation.
    3. controlled by computer opperated solenoid valves.
    4. Council footpath area 4m wide w/pop ups at
    footpath edge spraying towards boundary, controlled
    by computer opperated sollenoid valves.

    What type System??
    What type protection???

    Regards Bob

  • #301592

    I am thinking a pressure vacume breaker would be sufficient…

  • #301593

    I ewould say a RPBP should be used are a good Vac Breaker.

    Art retired plbg

  • #301594

    Sub-soil micro spray irrigation?

    COMPUTER operated solenoids?

    Good grief.

  • #301595

    Yeah, my thaughts exactly, I reccomended a RPZD.

  • #301596

    I would use a pressure vacuum breaker or RPZ valve


  • #301597

    Only an RPZ valve for full protction, pressure vacuum breaker would not meet the requirements if you have elevation differences.

    We always question the Degree of Danger, what would determine the best backflow protection method.

    We had a job like yours where we used a air gap over a water tank with a pump that supplied the water needs of a nursey and then they mixed all the chemicals they wanted to with no problem with backflow or yearly backflow maintence.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This