Itemizing a Plumbers Bill

Home Forums Public Forums Estimating & Costing Itemizing a Plumbers Bill

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Itemizing a Plumbers Bill

Is a plumber required to itemize his material costs if a customer request it?

I recently took over management of an apartment complex. One of the things I now oversee is my plumber. I seem to have angered him by asking him to itemize his material cost rather than do what he is use to and that’s just give me a total. On a recent bill I have asked him to itemize the cost of 5 different parts. HE REFUSES he will only tell me that the total cost for the 5 parts is $247.23. I have informed him that I will pay him 100 % of my bill I just want to see the break down before I write the check. Is a plumber required to itemize his costs if a customer request it?
        I live in Los Angeles, Califonia

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

hiker. Dont know what the customs in America are but i”me sure the customs in LA are different to the rest of America anyway.
          I do itemise all materials unless the job is Quoted & if Quoted, then only extras are itemised unless they are quoted as well.
          I can see no problem with itemising the materials & if done initialy on the invoice it saves arguement provided the materials are realisticly priced with a profit margin incorperated.
          Be carefull though because the Plumber might find that at your request he has reapraised the bill & found “omitted or underpriced items” & submit a repriced bill, all at your request!
          I know that if anybody questions one of my itemised accounts & one did about 15 years ago, the item questioned was 3 lens of “Black Tunnel Trenching” they were priced from my computer & taken from stock. When I asked the Suppliers to send me a current price it was twice as much.
          I sent an ammended bill for the difference plus my time, The Client complained & I answered that she would expect a discouinted price if I couldnt justify the Bill so equally I should be paid the correct price – she paid the full account & has since been a long standing client.
          Bob

Participant

not required to itemize.

I would never itemize and if you forced the point you would probably loose me as your plumber.

Participant

You hold the trump card, if he aint giving you what you want then go elsewhere

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
              Try visiting ….
              Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This