hourly rates, call outs

Home Forums Public Forums Estimating & Costing hourly rates, call outs

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

What’s the going hourly rate and call out fees. I’m charging $55/hr inc tax and no call out fee at the moment (1 hr min.) I think I should charge a callout fee. I’ve been charging $66/hr inc tax in some wealthier areas of town with no complaints.
        Sydney Australia but interested in the rest of the world too

Participant

In San Antonio, TX going rate is 84.50 per hr.
          Service call charge is approx. 49.50 waived if estimate is accepted.

Participant

We charge $50.00 to unstop a 2″ drain, and $60.00 to unstop from a cleanout of a 3″-4″line. If we go on the roof or pull a commode its an additional $20.00. We are a second year drain cleaning only company, and we are a volume drain cleaning business. I now have 2 trucks and we do approx 100 drains a week(8+drains a day a piece)…I hope to one day be doing 300 drains a week with 7 guys/trucks doing approx 7-8 drains a day.

DRAINSINC.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
            Participant

Ziggy, I live in a small town where the furthest travel I would normally make is 10mins, I factor this travel into my call out fee. I believe that $50.00/callout would be obsenely low for Sydney where travel with trafic could be up to conservativly 1 hr, what do you charge for after hrs.
              Bob

Participant

How can you charge an hourly fee without knowing what your costs are?

Our bottom line with overhead is $89.00 per hour. We charge $$80.00 for first 1/2 hour including travel time. $40.00 for the next 1/2 hour and $60.00 for each 1/2 hour after that.
                We also flat rate many things such as water heaters (550.00 40 gallon elec.)…Minimum on any under ground is $1200.00.

Do the math before you do the work….

I think many would be surprised if they add up there monthly hard costs including Mechanics, secretary, phones, paper, pens, taxes, insurance,Vacation pay, benefits,bonuses, rent, vehical payments and maintaince, gas,computer costs..ect

Sam Wieczorek

Participant

Flat rate, time figured at 240.00 per hour and parts at cost 1.5
                  49.00 call out waved if they go with the price.
                  25.00 truck charge

small drains 99.00 main line 249.00

40 gal water heater about 875.00.

emergency rates after 6:00PM 100.00 call out not waved if work is done.

Participant

work out your costs using http://www.masterplumbers.com/utilities/costcalc/
                    then get the mrs to ring around a few local companys getting a few prices and compare what they charge to what the above web page says is you true cost and then decide from there.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
                    Try visiting ….
                    Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This