per point quoting

Home Forums Public Forums Estimating & Costing per point quoting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I always quote jobs by working out how many hours I think each stage of the job will take, plus materials, plus a percentage profit. A builder asked me today what’s my price “per point”. My old boss used to do that.
        What’s the going rate in Oz and the US for that? How do you quote a bathroom and kitchen? Basin, Shower, WC, Floorwaste, K Sink = 5 (eg)$500 or do you call that 4 points and throw in the floorwaste. What if there’s a long run and a new boundary trap to do? Do you work that part out seperately?

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

Ziggy, I rework all rates out monthly on computer with price discs. Each point is differently priced, with constants for the particular area you are working, for example
          a set of washing machine cocks consist of :-
          2x 1/2″ 19bp,1 lenght of 1/2″ lagged, 2 c/p discs, 1 stick sil/sol, 2 3/4×1/2 tees,2 washing machine cocks, consumables- teflon,gas,clips, screws. labour. + PROFIT
          a shr consists of :- Shr combo, wall stops, 1 lenth 1/2″ lagged,H&buttons, Shower rose, 1 stick Sil/sol, 2 3/4×1/2 tees, consumables – teflon,gas,screws,clips labour. + PROFIT
          Wc – 1/2 length Lagged copper, 1 1/2″ 19bp, 1 3/4×1/2″ tee, 1/2 stick sil solder, C/p disc, cistern cock, consumables-teflon,clips,screws, gas. Labour. + PROFIT
          A Hws – 1.1/2 length 3/4 lagged, 2 3/4′ comp unions or elbows(for hws) 3/4″ stop cock, 3/4″ comp/centre screwed tee(for H55 valve), 3/4 Check valve, nipples, unions for Reliefe valves, 1/2″ od for drain line, consumables Teflon,clips,screws, gas. Labour + profit – if fitted inside a house then there is a tray & waste. Tempering valves are also differently priced – 1/2″ or 3/4″ and applicability or necessity.
          A floor waste may be a dry floor waste or a wet floor waste. Both cost out differently.
          The pipework between each fixture is at a simarlarlary costed rate both for hot & cold.
          As can be seen each has a different cost, unless you work a cottage out & divide it to get a yardstick price.
          However why go to the extra work to get a incorrect price, remember new work is different to renovations.
          Why not be professional & be accurate.
          Bob

Participant

My programmer asked me to get a wishlist from plumbers in regard to estimating.
            The preferred way to estimate or maybe a new way to make it easier to handle.
            Please submit your wishlist about what you would like an estimating program to do for you it is not doing now.
            Now maybe the time to get a program that estimate “Your way”

Erik Hansen
            http://www.estimate.com.au

Participant

My programmer asked me to get a wishlist from plumbers in regard to estimating.
              The preferred way to estimate or maybe a new way to make it easier to handle.
              Please submit your wishlist about what you would like an estimating program to do for you it is not doing now.
              Now maybe the time to get a program that estimate “Your way”

[email protected]

Erik Hansen
              http://www.estimate.com.au

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This