Vibrating drain pipe

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Vibrating drain pipe

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Intermittently, I hear a low, vibrating noise after shutting off the water. It first occured after the shower was shut off. Now it happens after the washer shuts off. Yesterday I heard it happen all of its own for a few seconds. If I turn on a faucet the vibrations will stop, then return after I shut off the faucet. After a couple of minutes it will stop completely. When it is happening, I can feel a slight vibration in the faucet when I touch it. I feel it from any faucet – upstairs or down. Note that this will happen for days, then go away completely for a few weeks and then come back. Any idea what is happening?

Participant

Are you on a well with a pump?

Or, do you have city water?

Participant

City water

Participant

If you don’t have any pumps on the plumbing system, a plumbing pipe could be comming in contact with part of the homes heating/cooling system duct, thus creating the problem.

You will have to search around for any pipes comming in contact and put in the proper pipe hangers to secure them better.

Participant

It sounds like to me you have lots of water pressure and have a loose washer in the faucet which intern viabrates when turned on, turn on faucet on fix and and let run then reach under fix and turn off stop and see if it stops, let me know. Some of the pipes might have to be fasten to joist.

Art retired plbg

Participant

You might have to cut down water press. at PRV valve if you have one, if not you might have to get one installed.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This