dripping noise in drain pipe

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage dripping noise in drain pipe

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar photooluwatope abiodun emmanuel

A few minutes after using the up-stairs sink in my new home a dripping noise can be heard from the drain pipe. The noise goes on for 10 to 20 minutes. There is no visible leak anywhere. I took the elbow off and the dripping continues. It appears the noise comes from the pipe inside the wall. Could construction debris be caught inside the drain pipe? Any ideas how to fix it?

Participant

The drain on the sink is probably laying flat and the water that is left lays there and drips away till it is gone, are your faucet is dripping into sink, check it out.

Art retired plbg

Participant

There are two sinks in the master bathroom. It does not matter which one I use, there will be this dripping noise.

I have removed the stoppers and disassembled all pipes from both sinks to the wall and could still hear the dripping from somewhere inside the pipe going down the wall.

I used a long bottle brush and tried to clean the inside drain of any possible debris.

No such luck. I put everything back together, but, just like before, the dripping noise starts a few minutes after using an upstairs sink. There is no leak anywhere, just this noise driving me bananas.

Participant

Could be a water pipe leak, best I can tell you is take down the drywall and see what it is, let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

That is only pipe expention in wall.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This