Drainage problem

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Drainage problem

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have a water problem under my house, I have water perculating up under the retaining wall at the front of the house and we have had 5 days of continuous dry weather and it is still trickling out, the house is situated near the top of a hill. When it rains there is a noticeable increase in flow. The retaining wall extends up under the house as it is the internal wall for the garage which has been converted into a rumpus room.

The house is over 40 yrs old and I suspect that there is no drain behind the wall and sub soil water is traveling along the wall and escaping at the front of the house. Contributing to the problem that is the house has a large paved area that slopes towards the house and has no grated channel drain around the edges of the pavers. The soil under the house near the paved area is damp but not saturated.

Could it be a high water table as well as surface water? Before anyone ask yes it is water and our water meter is not ticking over continuously. Also how do you tell the whether it is surface water or natural occurring ground water?

I would appreciate any advice you could give me.

Thanks

Participant

Sounds like you have a spring are some other source of water, take some and have it tested at a lab. Let me know.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This