Toilet line strap

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Toilet line strap

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Moving some pipes in bathroom reno. Concrete slab construction.

Wondering if you can install toilet to a line which already has an strap (or ptrap, i dont know yet). Also how far in the slab are the traps normally? as I think you are going to tell me I need to remove the strap in the line which will involve digging up the slab.

» This message has been edited by NvE0s on 19 December 2005

Participant

No the toilet already has a trap built in, and if you set the toilet it will get air bound and not drain, break up floor and take out trap and put in piece of pipe in and cement floor and set toilet. Let me know.

Art retired plbg

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
          Participant

Art. The poster has an email address with au in it – suggesting he or she may come from where the water runs up hill. Regulations are different here in an effort to get the waste water to run uphill.
            NveOs.
            You should engage a licensed plumber on this job. do you know if the extra fixture units will change the vent size? also you say that the pipe already has a trap on the line – is it a floor gully or a overflow relief gully? or is the drain draining through a ORG. Connecting a Pan through a trapped line will cause you horrendouse problems.
            Is the system sewered or Septic? is the system two pipe system or one pipe?has the line enough fall?
            any of the systems if tampered with will attract fines if you are caught.
            Regards & merrymas – Bob

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This