closet drain pipe

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage closet drain pipe

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am renovating a bathroom. The old tube was 4’5″. I want to install a 5′ bath tub but the tub drain would block the drain from the toilet to the stack.
        Can I run the toilet drain around the tub drain? The old drain from the toilet went directly to the stack with out bends

Participant

I dont understand why is the tub drain in the way of the WC. Usually the tub is on right are left of toilet, take out the tee for the toilet and put in a sanitary tee with a 2″ inlet for the tub waste, always use a Lic. Plumber and take out permits for work. Let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

The WC and tub share the same wall, and the stack is on the adjacent wall. The WC drain goes right under the tube drain hole for the tub before entering the stack.
            I have to circumvent the WC drain around the tub drain to get to the stack. I can put 45s to get around the tub drain but not sure if it pass the plumbing codes. All the diagram that I have seen show direct/striaght drain from the WC to stack with-out bends.

Participant

Use 2 45 out of the tee and a 1/4bend and 45 by toilet.
              Let us know.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This