STINKY SMELL UNDER SINK WHICH IS STINKING THE HOUSE UP!! HELP!!

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage STINKY SMELL UNDER SINK WHICH IS STINKING THE HOUSE UP!! HELP!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

There is a disgusting foul smell coming from underneath the sink, mostly under there…you can smell it when u walk into the house, our house is not completely blocked so i thought perhaps a mouse or something had died under the house, but it is a smell i cannot even describe, it is sooo bad i couldn’t even stay here last night, it smells the worst under the sink and when the furnace kicks on…i dont know where to look or who to call to fix it PLEASE HELP ME!

Participant

As you say you might have something dead under there, clean everything out and look. Run water in sink and see if you have a leak or a siphoned trap or a vent pipe is loose or broke, you will have to check it all out, unless you want to call a Plumber.

Art retired plbg

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 03 December 2004

Participant

This is just shooting at the moon and quite possibly NOT what’s going on, but do you have a garbage disposal under that sink? I have seen many instances where older disposals, after a few years not bleached or sanitized internally, begin to emit extremely foul odors. I always recommend to people who I install them for that they should periodically pour some bleach or other kind of disinfectant down the disposal to prevent build-up and that foul odor. I have changed out a few disposals in my time that stunk so bad I could hardly stand to handle them.
            As far as the smell getting worse when the furnace fires, that’s strange and I can offer no explanation.

Participant

Also, one more thing, as Art said, this could also be a vent pipe that is blocked up with some kind of animal or bird that possibly got into the vent line from the roof and went down and died in there?

Participant

Is your furnace near the sink? You could have a bad Plenum on the furnace, let us know, might have to get someone to check it out.

Art retired plbg

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 22 December 2004

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This