smelly sinks!!!

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage smelly sinks!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

live in a 2nd floor flat and have noticed an ‘eggy’, smell comming from what a can only imagine is the sinks.. dont know which plughole smell is comming from as the flat is small and the waft is so stong it ends up consuming every room! Have used caustic soda, bicarb & vin, & loads of other products which only work for a day or 2 before the stink returns. ive taken appart pipes in each room to clean and flat was only built 2 yrs ago by repuitable builder so i cant blame dirty or old pipe work.. problem isnt hot or cold water specific and has only started 3wks ago.. please help!

Participant

Are you on a well sometimes smell like that comes from well water and there is a fix for that, let me know because if it comes in all your sinks then it must be the water, if you got county water ask the water co. about smell.

Art retired plbg

Participant

thanks for reply.. checked with water board in my area…my supply is off mains pipe not a well & said no other reported problems with smelly water in my area-she got me to do a smell test by filling a cup full of fresh water from tap then had to take it outside to smell, didnt smell of anything so advised me it could be the drains.. this has occured to me but i just cannot see how i would be the only flat in the block to be experiencing this problem, we would all have it wouldnt we?? i want to check outside drain but have no idea which drain is for my flat or what to look for when ive found the right drain! have a feeling that its going to be rather unpleasant.. (and alot of hard work for a lady!)

Participant

Some times El. dishwasher powder soap is good for that try it, also boiling water and baking soda, you might try box store and see if they have something.

Art retired plbg

Participant

I talked to some Plumbers and they said try Bio-clean are Pine oil.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This