SEWER WATER RUNS IN THROUGH WASHER DRAIN PIPE

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage SEWER WATER RUNS IN THROUGH WASHER DRAIN PIPE

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Sewer water comes into the basement through the washer drain pipe, if the washer drain hose is in the pipe it goes up to the first floor. How can this be fixed…the borough says it is not their problem.

Participant

The way it sounds is that the sewer has a partial stoppage and when somebody else uses the Plumbing it backs up, You need to have the sewer line cabled out and if the owner will not do it call the Plumbing Inspecter. Let me know what happens. Is this an old house or a new one? Is it an apartment? One or two story?

Art retired plbg

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 20 October 2004

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 20 October 2004

Participant

I am the owner of the house, it was my parents and they gave it to me. My stepfather who is 80 still lives in the house, but never told me of the problem. I now know and what to have it fixed but didn’t know where to start. I have a plumber coming on Wednesday to look at it and hopefully will tell me how to fix. This is a rancher that is around 30 years old. This only happens when it rains real hard. I drove up and looked at the pipe this weekend… it comes from the toilet and runs along the ceiling of the basement down the wall, where the washer drain is hooked in and then out the wall. If the hose for the washer is in the pipe that is the drain, it goes up to the first floor. He has the hose out of the drain and when the toilet is flushed you can hear the wather run through. I am trying to fix.

Participant

It sounds like he has a vent on washer drain that goes up and connects into other pipe, also sounds like there is no trap on washer drain, l;et me know what Insp. says.

Art retired plbg

Participant

The plumber came today and said they are going to put a check valve in so the water can’t come back into the house. The neighbor who has helped clean water out of the basement was in the driveway waiting for the plumber to tell him what was going on and he warned her that she might get the water next. He said that the valve will have to be checked for debris periodically. So his is now fixing the problem. He did not think the pipe was blocked anywhere.

Participant

Make sure they put access box to the valve in case they run a cable in sewer it will get hungup on valve.

Art retired plbg

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 06 November 2004

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This