Tie into underground pvcdownspout?

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Tie into underground pvcdownspout?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hi,

I have 6″ white pvc pipe sticking out of the ground a few inches at one corner of the house where a downspout could be connected to it which isn’t. Looking down the hole it goes down about 8 feet to the foundation and makes a bend (I assume this runs down and out into the the city’s drainage system.) Since this is not being used with the current gutter configuration I was wondering if I can connect and underground drainage system into it.

I have standing water in the back yard and was wondering if it’s a bad idea to connect black 4″ drainage pipe into this white PVC about 2′ down.

My main concern is overloading this and/or getting silt into this existing system. I planned on wrapping the drainage pipe with landscape fabric and gravel minimize the dirt getting into it.

Thanks, Dave.

Participant

If that 6″ pipe serves as your sanitary sewer system, your local plumbing codes probably don’t allow the combination of sanitary and storm sewers/ground water.

This can cause the system to overload during heavy rains.

Post back with your findings regarding local code.

“Your best interest is secured by making the right decisions the first time.”

» This message has been edited by DUNBAR on 08 September 2004

Participant

That was installed to use as a CO on your sanitary sewer only, no storm water is to enter it.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This