DRAINAGE AND SEWER

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage DRAINAGE AND SEWER

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 20 years ago by Avatar photoPLUMBILL.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I’M A CONTRACTOR DOING AN ATTORNEY’S OFFICE.
        INSTALLING 2 TOILETS AND 2 SINKS. THEY ARE NEXT TO EACH OTHER. THE CEMENT FLOOR HAS BEEN CUT AND DEBRIS HAS BEEN REMOVED. Q IS WHEN HOOKING UP THE DRAIN WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE FOR THE AIR VENTS? SHOULD THEY GO BEFORE OR AFTER. I DO KNOW THAT THEY SHOULD BE THE SAME SIZE AS THE DRAIN’S LARGEST SIZE, CORRECT?

Participant

When you are running the pipe toward toilet put in fitting for toilet and run same size pipe up put fittings in for sinks and run same size up to test tee and then you can reduce pipe to 1/2 the size you run and run pipe through roo f for vent, but if you have no other vents on this line you will have to run 3″ or 4″ through roof, check your local code, this is acorrding to our code.

Art retired plbg

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
          Participant

[email protected]. You say that you are a Contractor. What sort of contractor? Without the basic knowledge to do a job of this sort, I feel that you must have a death wish to carry out work if you are unqualified, especially for an Attorney.
            Bob

Participant

[email protected] take heed of Bob’s advice and subcontract out the plumbing on this job to a Licensed Master Plumber. Display some wisdom in making this decision. If the plumbing does not function properly, your client will not hesitate to take you to court. No doubt that your client is proficient in his trade.

John Aldrich (Septic Tank Yank)

Participant

[email protected] , I am curious as to your decision to subcontract the plumbing on this job or are you going to attempt it yourself?

Participant

If you are doing work contary to your local or state codes that require said; work tobe done by a licensed plumber these people are not obligated to pay you. In fact your exposure can cost you more then this job is worth.

One last question to ask yourself is did they hire you because; you know what you are doing or that they think they can get this job done cheaply?

» This message has been edited by PLUMBILL on 31 March 2004

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This