sewer smell in kitchen

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage sewer smell in kitchen

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

We have had an increasingly horrible smell flowing from the left side of our kitchen sink (the opposite side of our disposal). I read on the internet about the trap and it’s need for water, but now even water doesn’t help. I’ve poured drain cleaner, bleach and ammonia down the drain and nothing helps. I now just keep it plugged up, but I know this will not fix the problem. What should I do now? Thanks in advance!

Participant

Take all the tubular piping loose underneath the the sink and either replace it or thoroughly clean it out and remove all buildup in the piping.

This will remedy the problem.

Run a large amount of ice cubes in garbage disposal and clean the interior of disposal this way.

Participant

In reply to message posted by DUNBAR:
            Take all the tubular piping loose underneath the the sink and either replace it or thoroughly clean it out and remove all buildup in the piping.

This will remedy the problem.

And if it doesn’t, have the drain line snaked out.

Participant

Take a cup of Baking Soda and dump in to strainer then a cup of vinegar and dump on top of baking soda, watch out it will foam up then wash down with water, might have to do it a couple of times.

Art retired plbg

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 11 February 2004

Participant

To add to what “Retired plbg” said, when you do the final rinse, use a pot of boiling water, not just hot water from the sink, but a pan of water that has been at a rolling boil. This will help to clean out the pipe.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This