sewer line trouble?

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage sewer line trouble?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am a new homeowner. Previous owners reported needing rotorooters about once a year. We have slow draining b-room sinks with occasional residue in sinks and tubs. Toilets also flush slowly at times. Noticed a nasty smell last night but couldn’t determine where.

Do you recommend that I call a plumber now? BTW – 2 big trees in front yard. What to do????????

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

mpspecht. Yes call in a reputable Licensed Plumber who has a Camera & Drain cleaning capeabilities.
          This way you will find out the exact reason for your troubles & if necessary have an idea of the costs involved.
          Bob

Participant

http://www.rootx.com

Works good if you find roots.

Participant

Dunbar. I had a job not long ago in a state school, the drainage went under a large concrete area, had lots of trouble with roots, we finished recommending to cut down the only tree in the area, the govt were aghast “Shock, Horror” the maintenance manager finally agreed to plug up the line & we introduced “tordon” into the drg. About a month later the only tree in the area started to wilt uneplained & died. We have’nt replaced the drainage. however we hav’nt been back to to a choke.
              Bob

Participant

Sounds like that product did exactly what it was designed to do.

What is Tordon? Sounds like it was very effective in its treatment.

Participant

Its a tree herbicide, very selective, only kills the offending tree.
                  Bob

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This