GRINDER PUMP

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage GRINDER PUMP

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a grinder pump that pumps out the water sometimes. It won’t pump unless I manually turn on the pump. Ihave to disconnect the motor from the pvc connector and reconnect and then it will work. Do I need a plummer or does somebody have a simple answer. thanks for your time

Participant

Sounds like an electrical problem with the float switch.

Most of these units are sealed and I do not know if repairing this feasible but it is worth considering.

If you have had this unit for numerous years, then I would suggest a replacement of this unit for sure.

» This message has been edited by DUNBAR on 01 December 2003

Participant

I need more info. Make and model number to start. Every manufacture does things a little differently.
            You stated “Ihave to disconnect the motor from the pvc connector and reconnect and then it will work” is the “PCV connector” the discharge pipe or related to the cord? or, are you unplugging the cord? or, are you breaking the uniun in the discharge pipe? If the grinder is running and pumping nothing it could be a simple air lock. I assume there is check valve in the discharge line.
            [email protected]

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This