toilet drain

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage toilet drain

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar photoGeorge Meates-Dennis

Can someone give me instructions on how to correctly clean my basement toilet drain? How do I clean the vent pipe on the roof.

The first flush in the morning is OK but subsequent flushes are not too complete.

What kind of snake do I rent. What should I ask for? etc………………….

Participant

When you are cleaning a toilet drain, that means that 3 or 4″ piping is in order to be cleaned.

So a larger cable…..5/8″ to 3/4″ cable will complete your job. Rent one long enough to reach your sewer tie-in, and start with a spear type head on the end of cable to first identify what is in the line by pulling cable back to identify it’s contents.

Root cutters will be your next line of defense if roots are pulled back on your first pass.

First and foremost though,,,,,you need to make sure that toilet is operating properly in the tank as far as filling the bowl back up and water level is correct in the tank.

» This message has been edited by DUNBAR on 10 October 2003

Participant

Check your wter level and make sure it is up to mark in tank, check and see that the 1/4″ tube is in over flow pipe to fill up bowl after flush, check the rim with mirrow and see if holes are clean, if you have hole in bottom bowl make sure it is clean, make sure your flapper stays up long enough to give you good flush, last fry a 5 gal. bucket of water and see if that goes down real good, if it goes down try a couple more.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This