Blockage

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Blockage

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I had a clogged bathroom sink. I attempted to snake it. About 3′ into the wall I hit the blockage and it seemed pretty solid. I continued to snake slowly and eventually it went through. However when I pulled the snake out there was nothing there. The drain then drained well. However to my surprise when I took a shower the tub drain backed up. I am assuming the blockage wasn’t cleared but instead was puched furthere down. How do I clear out the blockage all together as opposed to pushing it ?

Participant

Run cable farther in to pipe are cut out piece of pipe and see if you can get it, are have sewer man come out and cable it.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Your guess that the blockage moved further downstream is certainly correct. In addition to what RP suggested, you could also try to snake through a roof vent, or locate a cleanout just upstream of the clog and snake through that. You need to be very careful working on a roof. Sometimes (with smaller twisty drains that are difficult to snake) I like to try using one of those rubber drain weenies that you attach to the end of a water hose and push a few inches into the pipe. They force water under pressure that can sometimes blow out a clog. You need to be careful to block other drains and overflows. They come in sizes that will fit 1 1/2″ to 4″ pipe.

NtP

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This