sometime flush

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage sometime flush

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Most flushes are incomplete, water and paper do not totally empty the bowl. Randomly we get a total flush. If cleaning agents, unclogging products are added flush is complete, bowl emprty completely everytime. Tried the 4 day enzines treatment, saw no change except on the flush that the product was added.

John

Participant

First thing is to take a 5 gal. bucket of water and dump in bowl, if it goes down then check these.

Is tank full up to mark?

Does flapper stay open long enough to let water out? If not, adjust chain.

Check in bowl at flushing rim with mirror and see if holes are clean. If not use wire coat hanger to open holes

Is hole open in bowl?

Is bowl or sewer stopped up?

Call a Licensed Plumber if trouble cant be solved.

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 23 July 2003

Participant

You could have something caught in the bowl,like toothbrush,etc.This could be causing paper to build up on the item every now and then.The products you use probably eats away the paper ,stool flushes fine until paper gets caught on the item again and starts to plug up.try a plunger or auger.If this does not work you will most likely have to remove the stool from the floor. If you have a two piece stool, lift up the tank flapper or tank ball nd make sure the opening under it is not plugged .I have seen these plugged with bowl cleaner caps and even hair curlers.

» This message has been edited by racefanone on 23 July 2003

Participant

Thanks for your responses. I shorted the chain, almost taut and I’m getting complete flushes.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This