Copper-to-PVC

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Copper-to-PVC

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I’m remodeling my master bath, and the boss wants the toilet moved 1′ to the left. Not a big deal, just moving the drain line into the adjacent joist cavity. Existing drain is 3″ soldered copper. I transitioned to 3″ pvc with a special connector that looks like a rubber sleeve with 2 gear clamps. How do these things hold up? I know the glued PVC connections won’t leak, but don’t want to seal this connector up in the floor only to have it leak in a couple years. Is this the best way to do this? Should I say with 100% copper?

I poured a kettle of hot water into the toilet drain, and nothing leaked, but don’t know if this is a good test or not.

I know a little about plumbing, but want to do the job the best way possible.

Participant

We use them everyday, as long as you tourcked it enough.

Participant

retired plbg. Do you mean torque? If so what is the proper torque that is required? Thank You

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 08 January 2003

Participant

The prescribed torque is 60 inch-pounds for these connectors.The best way to getbthe right torque is to use a special wrench. Most have a T-handle. Good ones are a bit expensive (about $30-$50) but pay for themselves if you use them a lot. You might try renting or borrowing one for one-time use.

NtP

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This