Sewage ejector battery back up system?

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Sewage ejector battery back up system?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Is there a back up system for a sewage ejector in the case of a power outage? Thanks Joe

Participant

I never heard of one but check your manufacture and ask them.

Participant

Joe, Yes there is!!! The Zoeller Pump Company makes a Battery operated sump pump backup they call the Basement Sentry. You can see this neat device at;
            http://www.zoeller.com/zcopump/Products/backupsystems/bsmtsentry.htm

This is the second time that I have recommended Zoeller products this week. Please be assured that I am not employed by Zoeller, nor do I have any financial interest in their products. Zoeller is simply a great company, make great, high quality products, and I have specified and used their pumps in many on-site systems in the past.

John Aldrich (Septic Tank Yank)
            Septic System Consultant
            Timnath, Colorado
            [email protected]

Participant

Joe, there is not a battery back up system specifically made for a sewage ejector. Two ways I have seen it done. 1. A big UPS like on a compute. 2. A generator that has enough guts to start the pump. The generator is controled to come on if the pump fails or a power failure. Both cost big bucks. Thank you John. I am an employee of the Zoeller Co.

Participant

Joe and Ken, I must appologize for providing inaccurate information regarding the availability of a back-up system for a sewage ejector pump. If I had more carefully read the information on Zoeller’s website, I would have understood that the Basement Sentry was specifically for “clear water” applications, not for sewage ejector pumps. Sorry!

Ken, perhaps Joe’s inquiry indicates a need for an economical battery back-up system for a sewage ejector pump.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This