sewage basin installation & ground water

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage sewage basin installation & ground water

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Please help. I have been forced to replace my existing sewage ejector basin in my basement with a new larger deeper one. Upon digging for the new tank we hit ground water which now forces the new deeper tank out of the hole. Any suggestions are welcome.
        Thanks-Chris

Participant

Put in another sump for the seepage water and pump it out to daylight. You will have to put holes in the sump are some drain tile to collect the water.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
          Participant

Chris. install a concrete caison (pipe with no sealed ends, when installed, Do not pump out but allow water to find its own level, then hire a “Concrete Pump” & drop the end into the water so that the hose is verticle to the base, then pump or “Tremmie” a plug in the bottom, when concrete has gone off you can pump out the water & pour a new base. (you may flatten but do not disturb the submerged concrete or you will separate the concrete)
            Make sure the mass of concrete exceeds the “Lift” of the new Pump Well.
            Bob

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This