lav rough in to tub/shower drain pipe

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage lav rough in to tub/shower drain pipe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’m remodeling a small master bathroom and am investigating adding a lavatory rough in to an alcove area on a wall adjacent to the master bathroom. I’d like to connect the lavatory drain to the tile shower/tub drain using a horziontal Y branch line that connects to a double combination Y(back to back vent/waste stack shared by the tub/shower drain in the other bathroom).

The new lav location is about 5′ from the tub/shower vent, so I can add a revent from the lav to the vent stack above the water closet that vents to the roof. The shower/tub vent is already revented to this stack as well.

Can this be done per the UPC? I did some reading and it looks like each fixture drain line may need to be connected separately.

Thanks,

Lee

Participant

It is hard to say but on safe side connect into pipe behind tub vent.

Participant

Thanks for the reply – I may just get a rough inspection without the additonal lav and ask at that time if they will allow it, then I could take it from there. Two inspections that way, but I’ll keep my project moving along and won’t have to tear out something that’s not right.

Lee

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This