Individual Fixture Vents Necessary Overseas?

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Individual Fixture Vents Necessary Overseas?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Recently moved overseas to a country that doesn’t have wood stud walls to hide pipes in. As a result, they don’t separately vent fixtures but depend on the main vertical drain riser to be vented. I am installing a bath with 2 branch lines. 1 for the toilet which will be only 2 feet from the vertical riser. And, 1 for the shower, lavatory, laundry sink, floor drain, and washing machine drain (max. run 10 feet). Have been advised locally that I don’t need additional vents at each location. I am skeptical, but don’t know where to run the vent pipes except to use a Studor vent or surface-mount the vents to the wall. All locations will be trapped. Any predictions as to the performance of drains and traps and back-siphoning? I am very interested in everyone’s opinion of this. Don’t even ask about code inspectors here. I have yet to hear of their existence here.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

Drains of Malta. Can’t advise you of the regulations cause you didnt mention the country but you have alluded to Malta.
          I have seen some pretty weird plumbing in my day & most work.
          The only advice would be – When in Rome – do as the Romans do. you might learn something.
          Bob

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This