toilet flange

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage toilet flange

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve got a house built in 1937. The 2nd story bathroom toilet has rocked for many years. After removing the toilet I found that the lead flare over the flange was broken about a third of the way around. The Flange is not screwed to the floor at all so the toilet bolts are pulling up on the lead lip. The floor is decorative tile over a 1″ concrete base. If I can anchor the flange down, is that the best way to go and just the leave the lead pipe opening the way it is?

Participant

No, the lead has to be fixed, or the lead bend replaced.

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 19 November 2002

Participant

Is there such a thing as a sleeve to solder into the damaged lead opening so as to renew the flare over the flange?

I’d like to keep the CI stack (for it’s sound dampening properties). Is the only way to mix CI and Plastic to use fernco type adapters? I’d rather not replace the lead pipe if I can help it.

Participant

You can get some 4″ lead pipe and make a dutchmen and fit it inside and solder it, but you have to know how to solder lead. Check at some of these box stores or a Plumbing supplyhouse they might have a flange extension you can use.

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 20 November 2002

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This