water main

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage water main

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a townhome in a 6 unit building and have the water main for all 6. Does any body know what the upc is for having this in a unit

Participant

Yes

Participant

1source,

If this is a common practice, I am sure that many others would like to know the details of the UPC in regard to this issue.

Sylvan, Please elaborate, expand upon your response, and share that vast storehouse of code knowledge which you possess.

John Aldrich (Septic Tank Yank)
            List Moderator
            Septic System Consultant
            Advanced Professional Engineering,Inc.
            Fort Collins, Colorado

Participant

Sylvan, Please elaborate, expand upon your response, and share that vast storehouse of code knowledge which you possess.

John Aldrich (Septic Tank Yank)<< Snip

John with all do respect lets read this question

“I have a townhome in a 6 unit building and have the water main for all 6. Does any body know what the upc is for having this in a unit.”

Are these town houses built under the old code or new code?

The water main has to come into a building some place is there a common basement?

Is this a 6 story structure with each town house on top of one another?

Are each of these separate units 40,000 or 50,000 sq. ft in living space?

What local codes attachments are there besides the UPC.

The majority of plumbing codes are bastardized locally by many cities and states adding their two graft cents in.

No State was mentioned, No locality as to a town was given NOTHING what so ever to give the slightest inkling as to what the actual question is.

Think about it, many high rise Condo buildings have “risers” going either up or down feed and a shut off valve is placed inside an apartment as common areas are not always available.

This building was passed by some inspector and plumbing departnemt and it has to do with the interpretation of the code bodies LOCALLY.

I maybe a code expert BUT each area is vastly different what they feel the “code” states.

Supose I asked you John “do you know septic tank codes and I need to know the size of one for a buildings I am designing”

I think you would have to know flow rates and soil conditions and perculation testing in MY AREA.

Yes you know the “code” but do you know all areas even using a code you know?

Participant

1source,

It looks like the ball is in your court. Please provide the information that Sylvan has requested, and then maybe he will be kind enough to enlighten us all with his knowledge.

John Aldrich (Septic Tank Yank)
                List Moderator
                Septic System Consultant
                Advanced Professional Engineering, Inc.
                Fort Collins, Colorado

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This