How do I find buried plastic pipes?

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage How do I find buried plastic pipes?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I think this is a longshot but is there a tool that will help me find buried plastic pipes? I’ve bought a large property with 2 septic tanks and I need to find where the pipes run between the house and the tanks. I’ve started digging but I think it will take forever.

Participant

Newbie Bob, call a septic system maintenance service in your area, and ask if they have electronic pipe locating capabilities. That is the surest solution to the buried pipe location problem, but an alternative approach would be to fabricate “L-rods” and try the “pipe dosing” method.

John Aldrich (Septic Tank Yank)
          Septic System Consultant
          Timnath, Colorado

Participant

In reply to message posted by Newbie Bob:
            I think this is a longshot but is there a tool that will help me find buried plastic pipes? I’ve bought a large property with 2 septic tanks and I need to find where the pipes run between the house and the tanks. I’ve started digging but I think it will take forever.

1-How about renting an electric snake or pushing a steel cable into this pipe then BUY or rent a CHEAP metal detector and then follow the beeping noise HUH?

2- How about reading http://www.masterplumbers.com/plumbviews/2000/pipe_locators.html

By the way you asked this same question in others places

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This