Schedule 40 PVC installation

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Schedule 40 PVC installation

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am attempting to install 300′ of 8″ schedule 40 PVC storm drain. The run will commence with a 24″ catch basin and travel beneath a 12’section of gravel driveway. The rest of the run will travel beneath a 12′ deep pond emptying into an existing drainage system. Must the entire run be buried?
        If so, how deep? Should I use pea gravel or crushed limestone as a bed? If so, how deep?
        Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
        [email protected]

» This message has been edited by plumbdummy on 07 October 2001

» This message has been edited by plumbdummy on 07 October 2001

Participant

Can you go around the pond? If not, you will have to bury the pipe quite deeply along its entire length and if a leak should develop in the portion near or under the pond, you will create a serious case of water infiltration to the sewer system. I also assume your municipality allow storm drainage into a sewer system. Most do not, since it creates problems with their sewage plant capacities.

Participant

Dear Sir, what you may not have taken into consideration is the CRUSHING strength that PVC does not have.

Plastic although OK for certain applications is not designed for any load bearing weight.

Before you waste you time and money why not do some research regarding the compacting limitations of the materials your using.

You may decide to use Cast Iron if soil conditions warrant Or possibly schedule 80 plastic.

You really do not want a material that will float up like a cork either.

Rather then help you design a system you should try to do just a little homework yourself.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me E mail.

By the way I installed piping under a creek that was 20 feet deep and fast flowing so nothing is impossible look at the Tunnels JUST take you time to reason it out.

This could be a fun project for a do it yourself person.

SylvanLMP

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This