Minimum size of vent required

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Minimum size of vent required

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I need to run a new vent for a water closet, lav and bar sink. There is an existing 2″ vent for another water closet and lav. Can I connect to this vent is my question???

Participant

Ah Mike dont you just wish plumbing were that simple guy?

Venting is not just fixture units connected BUT developed lenth of pipe and fittings.

For example I could run 8 FU’s on an 1-1/2 line BUT only for 30 ft BUT I would need a 2″ line to go up to 170 ft.

Did you now depending on what type of toilet you have how many fixture units it is rated at?

For example a close couple tank and bowl would be 4 FU and a flushometer type would be 6 FU..

Why dont you invest in a local code book rather then guessing?

SylvanLMP

Participant

Its to bad plumbers do not have a code book thats close to the same in this country. Respect comes from organisation. In CT you can vent 102 DFU (16 bathrooms) on one 1 1/2 vent pipe 30 ft.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
            Participant

Mr Unity. We lowly Plumbers in Oz work on a rating system for vents, that is :-

Size of Fixture units Vent rating
              vent pipe discharging to
              DN drain

40 >1 <10 .5
              50 >10 <30 1
              65 >30 <175 2
              80 >175 <400 3
              100 >400 6

If there are other vents on the line they can be used as credits. ie 12 40mm vents off a stack could be equivelent to a 100mm vent venting more than 400fu, However we have to get the sewage to run uphill.

Participant

In reply to message posted by unity:
                Its to bad plumbers do not have a code book thats close to the same in this country. Respect comes from organisation. In CT you can vent 102 DFU (16 bathrooms) on one 1 1/2 vent pipe 30 ft.

Is this a local code like Danbury or a state code?

102 FU’s seems like a lot on a 11/2 pipe ESPECIALLY in a movie theater where it would be quite possible all fixtures being used at once during an intermission.

The over loading of the vent would be unbelievable with back pressures.

SylvanLMP

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This