Backup sump pumps

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Backup sump pumps

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

What make is the best battery backup sump pump?

Participant

Go to this address and see all the current kind of back-up sump pumps that are made. http://www.zoeller.com/zcopump/Products/backupsystems/backup.htm
          There are variations made by others. Your question was “what is the best” will be defined by what you want to spend. The higher the cost, the better the system. Any pump manufacturers system will require on going maintainence of the battery, or the testing of the switches / valves, etc. on water pump back-up units.
          [Edited by John Aldrich on 18 August 2001]

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JoAnn:
            What make is the best battery backup sump pump?

Stevens without any doubt as they give the longest warrantee and their prices are very competitive.

Blue Angel and Federal pumps are also great companies as far as quality and options and getting SERVICE.

I like Stevens as they can be field repaired and Jim Stevens is a really sharp when it comes to specifications.

There is no such thing as one off the shelf pump doing it all.

There are many considerations that have to be figured in not just price.

If you want E mail me and we can talk options available.

Participant

Federal pump does not make a dc back up pumps to my knowledge. They are not in the catalogs that I have. I am sorry that I did not answer your question as to “what Make is the best” being a manufacture of these units I think our make is the best and that is just a little slanted. I tried to give some general help in the type of units that are available. Stevens has a 3 yr warrantee model DC3000 and they make one with a 1 yr warrantee. The 3 yr unit is 24V and requires 2 12v batteries for 1 1/2 hrs of continuous operation. The Zoeller Pump Co model 507 & 510 will run 7.5 hrs on one fully charged battery. What you need to compare is , the total amount of water removed on a fully charge battery as provided. (1 or 2 batteries). The pumps would need to be at the same head, and not running on the charger as some people rate their units. The pump will pump less over time do to the battery losing power over time. The Zoeller model 580 & 585 “aquaNOT” has a 3 yr warrantee when a battery is purchased with the unit..
              [Edited by Ken Zoeller on 07 September 2001]

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This