Sewer Smell from Basement

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Sewer Smell from Basement

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

I live in a 40 (approx) year old home that is on a public sewer line. Several months ago there was work done on the water lines (any correlation?), and the pressure seems somewhat lower since that time. Lately, I’ve also been experiencing a sewer smell from the drain in the basement. There has been no backup, and as a matter of fact, I had the lines from the house roto-rooted last fall, so there should be no blockages. Any ideas? Is there something I can do to help eliminate the odor, some sort of new contraption I can have installed …. ANYTHING?!? Thanks for any suggestions!

Participant

Lisa, when you had your line rootered out did they go through the trap of the drain or the clean-out on the inside of the drain? Have you checked to see if there is an opening on the side of the drain, located inside the drain bowl itself? The clean out plug for the drain may not have been re-installed after having your line augered. This would allow a direct flow of sewer gas to the atmosphere in your basement. As far as your low water pressure is concerned you haven’t given enough information as to what work you had performed to allow even an educated guess as to what might be causing this problem.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This